It’s nearly Valentine’s time. In just a few days, couples will surge and their pink-love-themed lives will fill all our screens.
Life gets tough during Valentine's period if you are single and actively using social media.
Your Instagram feed will turn into a love story and photoshoot of sorts.
So how can you celebrate Valentine’s Day? What are some Instagram post ideas if you are single on Valentine’s Day? How can you share?
How to celebrate Valentine’s Day as a single?
If you are not planning to tell your feelings to your crush on Valentine’s Day (go for it!) and you don’t plan to get a Valentine until the 14th of February, then you will probably be one of the singles. If you are a marketer or content creator, you probably have prepared some social media marketing ideas for Valentine’s Day. Yet, why not celebrate Valentine’s as a single?!
Then, your Valentine’s Day single celebrations should be a bit different. Here is what you can do:
- Keep your morale up!
- Spend time on your hobbies
- Show care and attention to dear ones
- Love yourself
- Share on social media
Keep your morale up!
Being single on Valentine’s Day is not the end of the world. Considering 6 out of 10 people are unhappy with their relationship. Perhaps it can a good thing that you are single.
It is better to be honest and single rather than lying to yourself to be happy in a relationship. Honesty is always better. Take your time to reflect on your core values. Therefore you can be in the minority when you get into a relationship.
Don’t drag your morale down just because you are single. There are lots of things to do, like…
Spend time on your hobbies
Hobbies are our eternal loves. We can be separated from them, can’t afford them, or simply don’t have enough time to spend on them. But in the end, they are our hobbies, things we love to do.
Valentine’s Day for singles is the perfect time to get back to what you really love. Take this opportunity to do things you love, build that model boat, learn that instrument, practice those dance moves and assemble your custom keyboard. After all, it is the day of love.
Show care and attention to dear ones
Your friends, family members, relatives, and others are people you love. Take your time to express how much you value them. Create a note for yourself and them, and write down what they mean to you.
The day of love shouldn’t be limited to romantic ones, even your pets can be Valentine’s for that day. Pets are our loved ones and deserve affection.
Last but not least, love yourself. Whether you like yourself or not, you will spend your life with yourself. It would be much easier and more beautiful if you found ways to love yourself.
Take some time to discover things you love about yourself and try to get on better terms with yourself. In the end, loving yourself is the proper form of love.
Make plans on social media
Social media is a great way to keep up with friends and family groups and see what they have been up to recently.
It lets you connect with people and see what plans you can make. The best Valentine’s Day social media post idea is that you seem available on Valentine’s Day, so if your friends or acquaintances are having a party or a gathering, they can invite you.
Alternatively, you can see what they shared, start a conversation, and make plans to do some activities.
What to post on Instagram if you are single on Valentine’s Day?
What if you don’t want to do any of those mentioned earlier? What can you do to show how you feel about Valentine’s Day as a single person? What can you post to reflect your opinions?
If you feel like it, you can post break-up statistics to remind people about the harsh reality.
We don’t recommend that, though. Instead, you can share gaming videos, fun memories with your friend group, and posts about the supremacy of single life.
You can also share a quote or post a meme to show people how you truly feel about Valentine’s Day. There maaany Instagram post ideas if you are single on Valentine's day that can cheer your Instagram feed up
Single on Valentine’s Day quotes
Ranging from fun, silly, empowering, or plain sad, here are some single Valentine’s Day quotes to share (and live by):
1) “I think therefore, I’m single” - an excellent way to jokingly show your followers that you think being in a relationship is a dumb idea.
2) “S.I.N.G.L.E = Strong, Independent, Generous, Loyal and Enlightened” - if you want to go more empowering, you can share this quote.
3) “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with” - is a great way to show self-love.
4) “You do not need to be loved, not at the cost of yourself” - share this when you think that being in a relationship can take its toll on your mental health.
5) “A man without a woman is a bachelor. A woman without a man is a genius” - no harm has ever come from the old boomer jokes.
6) “I like being single, I'm always there when I need me” - that is the spirit! Go with this to show how much you need yourself and how little help you need from others.
7) “It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone” - undoubtedly worth remembering, even when you are in a relationship.
8) “The last thing you want to get addicted to is someone” - being attached to someone can indeed be devastating, it is best to be aware of this and take measures.
9) “You don’t need a significant other to lead a significant life” - definitely one of the most important things to remember during our lifetimes.
10) “No girl should ever forget that she doesn’t need anyone who doesn’t need her” - Our beloved Marilyn Monroe has some wisdom to share with her fellow sisters and we can’t agree more!
11) “When you’re single, all you see are happy couples. When you’re committed, all you see are happy singles” - this seems so genuine, doesn’t it?
12) “Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable” - great words to remember from an excellent series (The Wizard of Oz).
13) “This year’s Valentine’s Day I will enjoy long, romantic walks to the fridge” - no love can be greater than the love between a hungry person at 3 A.M and his fridge.
14) “Hope for love, pray for love, wish for love, dream for love…but don’t put your life on hold waiting for love” - this quote perfectly describes the role of love and how much we should value it.
15) “The poor wish to be rich, the rich wish to be happy, the single wish to be married, and the married wish to be dead” - pretty much sums up everything.
Single on Valentine’s Day memes
There is no better way to express your emotions than memes. Whether you are angry, sad, or disappointed on Valentine’s, there are memes for singles. Here are some single on Valentine’s Day memes we handpicked for you:
16) It is always a good idea to have at least 8 hours of sleep, albeit in a more comfortable place.
17) Random internet stranger says V is for vodka. Who are we to disagree with?
18) I am sure most of us can relate to this.
19) Hooray, happy independence day to everyone! Especially to people who are happy to be independent.
20) “What do you mean I am doing? Gonna party till the sun comes up.”
21) Yep, we all have a friend just like this. If you don’t, I have some bad news for you…
22) Oh, the dear old Valentine, FRIDGE!
23) Great decision, don’t you think so?
24) Better than being alone. Right? Right???
25) It will 100% happen.
The ultimate hack for singles on Valentine’s Day
Sharing memes, quotes, and Valentine's Day Instagram post ideas for singles are fun. But do you really want to spend that day browsing the internet and finding memes? Or do you want to go out, have fun and still want to share a few memes to go with the wave?
If you plan to go out and have fun but also want to share memes, you are in a tricky situation.
However, you can make it easier with a magic trick called “scheduling posts”. Now, you can go out, do whatever you want and still post your memes on your Instagram.
You can use Planly, a free social media scheduling tool to schedule posts and stories and even add comments when you publish them.
Planly is a multipurpose social media scheduling solution. Not only it is a great tool to share all your Valentine’s Day memes and quotes on Instagram, but you can also use it to tweet, show your gratitude on LinkedIn, share on Facebook and post a video on TikTok.
So, schedule your posts, plan and live the best life. Keep the day's highlights on your phone while posting memes on your feed.
Making a different first impression and turning it 180 degrees at the end of the day is vital for an excellent social media and life balance.
Besides all the fun and empowering Valentine's Day Instagram post ideas for singles and all the commercialized messages, Valentine’s Day has a solid background. It is an important event in history and we should remember it and the core values of St. Valentine.
Love is for everyone and there should be no discrimination in love. Whether you have a Valentine, a beloved pet, a loving family, or a close friend group, take this chance to show your feelings and have a great Valentine’s Day!