Social networks and especially TikTok, were born to generate content and communities, which are very crucial to take advantage of for your business. To achieve optimal results, putting together a content calendar for TikTok is the key.
What is a content calendar?
A content calendar for your social networks will allow you to design a consistent strategy and clearly visualize not only your plans but also the results that you are obtaining with each action. This transparency in the management of your content gives you the possibility to understand what efforts are worth the time involved.
Let's see some of the benefits of having a content calendar for TikTok:
- Generate increasingly engaging and relevant content by analyzing and comparing which posts perform best.
- Guarantee consistency in your communication channels. Seeing in your monthly calendar how much content you are uploading, you will understand if it makes sense to continue with that strategy, if it is necessary to add volume or, on the contrary, not produce as much.
- Post content at the ideal time, when you know the majority of your audience is active on the platforms.
- Optimize working time. We know that maintaining and promoting a business can represent a lot of effort. Since being present on social networks is a must, this is a good way to use your time efficiently.
- Measure results to optimize your strategies and design increasingly profitable actions. Having the posts in order allows us to compare metrics and understand which actions are bringing more and better results.
Why use a content calendar for TikTok?
A content calendar helps you organize your work and improves the management of your tasks. You can take a day to plan the contents of the month, which will allow you to start developing them much faster and apply the necessary improvements on time. This calendar can also show the status of each of the posts which gives you an overview of the tasks.
Each format, each theme, and each post has a different audience. Having a content calendar for TikTok will allow you to have those posts very clearly defined to know to which audience each post is addressed beforehand.
How to create a TikTok content calendar
You will be saving valuable time by creating a content strategy for TikTok, and will reach the audience that interests you.
The question is: How do I make my content strategy on TikTok? Is there a TikTok calendar maker?
Focusing on your ideal client is a classic of any strategy, but no less important. It is important to know you are targeting your TikTok content and what interests them is the first part of the plan: it ensures that you generate the content for those users who are interested in what you share: your potential viewers.
In short, it is not so much the quantity but the quality of the users who watch and subscribe to your content.
You can do wonders in terms of finding your ideal viewers by going through hashtags. Think about what kind of labels your ideal viewer would use to define themselves or find a solution to a problem.
Use the TikTok tag finder to see the top related hashtags it suggests to you. By seeing what kind of videos users are creating, you can find out what they are looking for or need and what tags they are implementing.
Ideally, you should be prepared to publish content that is educational, entertaining, and informative.
Always plan with the aim of attracting your customers. If, for example, you have a fit food brand, an example of content would be:
Answer questions that your followers can ask themselves, for example: “do carbohydrates make you fat if you take them at night?”
This question is also evergreen content, that is, it never expires and it is a video that lasts over time.
For example, if you are in the food industry, you can make content on recipes (containing your product) in a fun style and attractive titles such as: “This is what Shaq eats for breakfast”.
Content that provides informative value to the user who reaches your profile.
It can be about new products that you are going to release, offers, industry news, etc. In this case, it is expired content, so we recommend that you do not prioritize it.
TikTok content calendar tools
With Loomly you can organize your videos or collaborate with your marketing team to make posts more effective.
A single control panel that is really intuitive, simple, and with view options in calendar mode. Where you also access a great content library and you can receive notifications from your team.
Even if you're just starting out, Loomly 's content scheduling and publishing tips will make you look like a true TikTok expert.
The advantage of Socialbee is that you can not only choose the moment in which it is published, but also an expiration date and time.
Among the TikTok calendar tools, this is one of the most complete. Sociable is a platform that offers exciting options in its publication calendar to facilitate your work.
The reminder functions, content classification by categories, and the different types of publications that it supports make it the perfect tool.
Among the TikTok calendar tools, SocialPilot is a profitable alternative. Both for personal accounts and in collaborative work teams and marketing agencies.
Not only because of its attractive monthly subscription price but also because of the useful functions to create, publish and schedule content for TikTok for several accounts at the same time. This is all in addition to offering interesting analytics and great possibilities for engagement.
In Planly, you have a complete and multi-functional application, more than a tool for TikTok, you can take advantage of it on Instagram as well. Reuse content and maintain a uniform image in all your publications. This modern app allows users to schedule posts at once and automatically share without the need to manually push a button after scheduling.
When using Planly, you only have to link it to your TikTok account and grant permission to access your multimedia content. The best part of using Planly is that it now offers a 14-day trial plan. It is one of the very few affordable TikTok calendar maker apps out there. You can create an account for free and see how it helps you in practice.
Once configured, you will only have to select your video, add the title, and the hashtags, and choose the moment in which you want to launch your publication.
In order to find the best TikTok content calendar app, try out the options we have listed and as well as other ones that you may come across. Once you’ve played around with multiple options, you’ll be able to decide which one is best for your specific needs.
Our tips for a successful TikTok calendar
Users expect added value on social media. This can be functional added value, for example in the form of a checklist or a how-to video, or emotional added value, for example in the form of humor and entertainment. With TikTok, entertainment through entertaining clips is clearly in the foreground.
- In addition to brainstorming in the team, inspiration and ideas are definitely provided by other channels and videos. You can get inspiration from hashtag challenges, influencer campaigns, and videos from other brands and people.
- Our tip: create a TikTok account (if you haven't already) and follow different influencers, brands and people. See what works and what doesn't. Try different ideas. Test and let the findings flow into the follow-up planning.
- Remember: clumsy promotional videos are frowned upon.
- Ideally, you will bring your ideas and inspiration together as a team on a monthly or weekly basis. You discuss which video idea or challenge you would like to place on which day at which time and who is responsible.
- Also, define suitable hashtags. Record your decisions in your editorial plan.
From the target group for the target group:
- TikTok users are young. Generation Z dominates the medium and speaks its own language. Content works best when speaking the language of the target audience.
- There may be trainees, interns ,or young employees in the company who can support the generation of ideas and ensure an authentic approach.
- Also, be sure to create an idea bank for ideas that didn't make it into the current week but shouldn't be forgotten.
- Everyone knows the uncreative or stressful phases when it is helpful to go through the idea bank.
Keeping consistency with social media posting is not easy. The TikTok content calendar comes in handy to keep everything visually reachable and manageable. You can create a ready content calendar and reuse it for years.
All things considered, it’s important that you initialize a content plan for TikTok in order to get more subscribers, overall more interaction, and get more views on TikTok.