TikTok is a social media platform that has spread like a spider web worldwide. If we look at the statistics of 2022, TikTok has 1 billion active users. Thus, TikTok has become the most exciting platform among people.
According to Statista, 25% of TikTok users are between 10 and 19 years old. Meanwhile, people in the 20-29 age group make up 22.4% of the platform’s user base. And 30-39-year-olds make up 21.7% of the total TikTok audience. In addition, according to TikTok statistics by Tidio, around 56% of TikTok global users are women, which makes it is the only major social platform with a predominantly female audience.
🤔Did you know? TikTok was downloaded more than 175 million times from January 1 through March 31, 2022.
The main reason why TikTok is such a popular platform is its interesting content. TikTok has become more popular in 2020 with the increase in downloads. Because in those days, due to the pandemic, people were confined to their homes and created interesting entertainment for themselves. They could make fun and creative videos and participate in various challenges through TikTok.
TikTok gives its users a chance to create engaging content. At the same time, TikTok is one of the best social platforms currently used to attract and gather the most convenient audience.
Therefore, TikTok for business is widely used nowadays. It is possible to reach the right audience by using TikTok for business. In this blog, we will talk about how to use TikTok for business.
What are the benefits of TikTok for business?
TikTok can be a treasure for engaging your business. With properly created content, you can always be 1:0 ahead of your competitors.TikTok has many benefits for your business.
- Easy way to build communities- People share their opinions through video content and join various challenges by following trends.BThus, TikTok users vs. TikTok expectations are different. They love to learn while having fun. You can build a community on TikTok for business by knowing your audience and learning what kind of content they like.
- The perfect place for user-generated content- The main difference of the TikTok platform from others is that the number of views and likes of its videos is organic. While viewers on other platforms face fake view counts, TikTok is a great platform for user-generated content. User-generated content refers to the unpaid or unsponsored social posts that people on each network share while using or talking about a product or service. If your friend shares a TikTok video at a restaurant, that's UGC.
- No need for advanced marketing knowledge- TikTok marketing strategy works quite simply. If you know your audience well enough and make the content you share professional, you will automatically have a Tiktok marketing strategy in place.
- The audience is global- TikTok is currently active in 155 countries. Imagine that your products or services are known and followed in a completely different country. This is perfect.
Is TikTok good for business?
To determine whether a TikTok business is right for you, you should first focus on your audience. You need to find out if your audience is active on TikTok. As we know, currently 60% of TikTok is made up of Gen Z.
Therefore, before developing your business on TikTok, determine which audience you want to reach. What age range are they? How are their activities on TikTok? Explore detailed answers to questions like these.
At the same time, you don't have to share your video content only on TikTok. You can also share them on other platforms and promote your brand on different media platforms.
How to use TikTok for business?
Using TikTok for business is quite easy. You just have to follow a few steps.
Create a TikTok business account
- Download and open the TikTok app.
- Create a new personal account. You can use your email, or log in with your Google, Twitter, or Facebook account.
- Tap Me, then tap Edit Profile. Here, you can add a profile picture and create an undeniable TikTok bio.
- To switch to a Business Account
- Then tap Switch To Pro Account and choose between Business or Creator by clicking Manage.
- By choosing your business category, you create your TikTok business account.
Optimizing your TikTok business account
As we mentioned above, you should prepare your TikTok bio professionally. Because viewers get their first impression of your brand from your bio. Creativity and professionalism should be combined in this part.
Choose a photo
You should choose a profile picture that will represent your brand. Your profile photo should not only look great, but it should also visually represent your brand. For example, foodnnja posted an interesting picture on her TikTok profile that explains her brand.
Write a short about your brand
TikTok gives you a TikTok limit of 80 characters for your bio. In this section, you can write up to 3 words that will introduce your brand. You just need to find the right keywords for what you do. You can invite your followers to follow you by adding a CTA to your bio.
Link in bio
One of the most important things to do when using TikTok for business is to add your business website link to your TikTok account. This way more traffic will come to your site and your TikTok engagement will increase.
TikTok content ideas for business
Make day-to-day routine videos
You can make a TikTok video of what you do every day at work and show it to your followers. If you leverage this tip, it's a best practice to create a daily routine video that features everyday tasks most related to your business.
Create product campaigns
Feel free to tease new launches for your business. You can regularly share them with your followers and get their opinion. Thus, the things you will do will attract more interest. Also, the engagement of your business will increase.
Educate your audience on relevant topics
Viewers love to be constantly informed. So you can give them mind-blowing information so that they can benefit from your posts. A characteristic of TikTok users is that they constantly follow the pages they benefit from.
Therefore, share content that is useful to your followers as much as possible. But there is no need to share educational videos on a daily basis. You can just dedicate certain days of the week to these topics.
Share a unique business story
Every business has its own story. You can share this story by yourself or by talking with your employees. Watch the best TikTok storytelling videos and get takeaways to make your own. Because everyone knows that they have to start somewhere, but they don't know how to do it.
You can be an inspiration to your followers. Because when they learn about your passion and what you do to the smallest detail, their passion and desire for you and your business will increase. You can make these types of videos on other social media platforms as well, but TikTok will get you more views on these types of posts.
Answer audience questions
Answering your audience's questions has always been the best form of communication. By using TikTok’s native Q&A feature, you can increase your TikTok engagement.
Partner with relevant influencers.
With the right TikTok influencer marketing strategy, working with TikTok influencers will help you reach your goal faster. Therefore, first of all, you can choose a suitable TikTok influencer and start cooperation!
One of their recent influencer marketing sponsorships on TikTok is with Keeoh. He shared a video on TikTok, where he claimed he was going to perform a magic trick with Red Bull.
Use trending sounds and hashtags
Keep your audience engaged with trending sounds and TikTok hashtags. The videos will be visible to a broad audience, who can land on your profile after searching or browsing through the different content uploaded by others using these features to learn more about what they offer.
People watching this type of material tend towards being much less formal than those not interested at all; therefore we should utilize them when possible because no one wants boring old airtime!
For example, the Slack brand promoted itself with the hashtag #DigitalHQ in their TikTok bio.
Duet and stitch videos.
Duets and Stitches are two different ways to build on existing TikTok videos. With Duet, you add to another user's video while stitching it together in order for clips from other users' personal libraries can be seamlessly woven into your own creation with just one tap! And if all else fails. You always have the option of making new content instead!
Best TikTok hashtags for small business
As we emphasized above, using hashtags will increase your TikTok engagement and get more views on TikTok. Also, using these hashtags for small businesses you can join TikTok trends for businesses and raise your views.
What are the pros and cons of TikTok for business?
Now let's briefly list the pros and cons of TikTok for business.
- TikTok is a platform where business accounts are free and have good strategies for attracting followers.
- All videos start automatically and this is convenient for users.
- Since the videos are short, watching and benefiting from the video does not take much time for the user.
- The audience is international.
- Unfortunately, right now you can't easily integrate TikTok videos into your website - so you'll have to get creative to get potential customers to learn more about you.
- TikTok organic analytics data only shows for 28 days, you’ll have to create your own spreadsheet to track longer-term performance.
How can Planly help you use TikTok for business?
To grow TikTok for business, you need to share your posts continuously and consistently. For this reason, it is the best idea to prepare and schedule your posts in advance. You can do this with different tools, but the tool that will help you the best is Planly.
You can easily post TikTok posts by opening an account on Planly. You can set the time and day and place them in the schedule. Planly's main difference from other tools is that it doesn't send you a notification when your video is shared. Everything is done automatically by Planly.
Creating a TikTok content calendar will save you time and effort. You’ll have a visual representation of what is going to be created in the next weeks and prepare content accordingly.
After placing your contents in the table, you can edit them and track them. This will be very convenient for you because all the videos you share will be neatly in front of you and you will have enough time to think of ideas for your other videos.
Time to TikTok!
So what can your business do to make the most of TikTok in 2023? Plenty! Here are a few ideas to get you started: first, take a look at the trends on TikTok and see if there’s anything your company could capitalize on. Are people using the app to watch funny videos or learn new skills? If so, create content that aligns with those trends.
Second, experiment with creative formats like challenges and quizzes that will engage users. Finally, use TikTok ads to reach more people and drive traffic back to your website or landing page. For more tips on how to use TikTok for business, check out our other blog posts.